File an official complaint regarding fugitive dust issues at MPW CCR landfill.
CCR Rule Compliance Data and Information
This page is intended to satisfy the requirement under the CCR Rule (section 257.107) to maintain a publicly accessible internet site containing the information specified in that section. The required information will be posted per the rules set forth in the CCR Rule.
Please direct any questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR)?
Coal combustion residuals are the materials that remain after pulverized coal is burned to generate electricity. There are several different types of materials produced including:
Fly Ash – a very fine, powdery material which “flies” up into the stack with flue gases and is removed by electrostatic precipitators;
Bottom Ash and Boiler Slag – coarse particles that are too large to be carried up into the stack, so they settle to the bottom of the combustion chamber;
Flue Gas Desulfurization Material (FGD) – a material leftover from the process of reducing sulfur dioxide emissions from a coal-fired boiler.
These materials have a wide range of beneficial uses in the construction, manufacturing, environmental remediation and other industries. Those not initially recycled for beneficial use are placed in the IDNR permitted CCR landfill.
- Unstable Area Determination – Certified Unstable Area Determination
- CCR Fugitive Dust Control Plan (Most Recent)
- CCR Fugitive Dust Control Annual Report – 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 |
- Initial/Periodic Run-on and Run-off Control System Plans – | 2016 |
- Qualified Professional Engineer(QPE) Annual Inspection Report for CCR Landfill – 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 |
- Documentation of Corrective Measures Resulting From QPE Annual Inspection of Landfill – (Not yet required)
- Certified Unstable Area Determination
Groundwater Monitoring and Corrective Action
- Annual Groundwater Monitoring and Corrective Action Report – 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017
- Groundwater Monitoring System Certification – | 2016
- Selection of Statistical Method Certification – | 2016
- Ground Water Protection Standards and Statistical Analysis of Assessment Data
Closure and Post-Closure Care
- Written Closure Plan & Post-Closure Plan – | 2016 |